Drs. Jacy and Arianna Papasikos are certified experts in Invisalign treatment for both children and adults. Both doctors received Invisalign training directly from Dr. Orhan Tuncay, the orthodontist who wrote the book on Invisalign. We are the #1 Invisalign providing orthodontic office for children and adults in Montclair, Glen Ridge, Bloomfield, and Verona, treating more cases than any other provider. Invisalign aligner therapy is very technique sensitive and, through our experience, we have learned how to master it and overcome its’ shortcomings, allowing us to treat more complex cases.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign treatment is a clear alternative to traditional braces, using a series of removable and customized aligners to straighten your teeth and align your bite. We generate a precise 3D image of the teeth which our doctors use to plan the appropriate movements for your teeth. We will show you your customized, virtual treatment plan so you can see how your teeth will appear once your treatment is complete.
With our doctor’s expertise, we can use Invisalign aligners to effectively treat a range of dental issues that were typically treated with only braces in the past, such as:
- • Crowded teeth
- • Gaps/spaces between teeth
- • Protruding teeth
- • Overbite
- • Underbite
- • Crossbite
Why would I Consider Invisalign?
- Nearly Invisible – Family and friends may never know you’re wearing them.
- Removable – You remove the aligners to eat, drink, brush your teeth, and floss so there’s no need to change your lifestyle.
- Comfort – The aligners are made of smooth thermoplastic material without any metal so they will not cause mouth abrasions like traditional braces can.
- Customized – We use advanced imaging technology to obtain a 3-D image of your teeth and then our doctors create a customized plan to move your teeth into the proper position.
- Fewer, shorter office visits – Since our doctors digitally customize your entire treatment plan at the beginning, you only need to see us for check-ups every few months.
How does Invisalign work?
Based on our doctor’s customized plan for you, you will receive several sets of aligners that are worn for one week each, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss. With Invisalign aligners, the force needed to move the teeth is generated by the flexible plastic covering the teeth. As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move gradually until they have straightened into the final position prescribed. You’ll visit us about once every 8 to 12 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.